MUSEO FORTE BRAMAFAM BardonecchiaBramafam Fort

Bramafam Fort, the most important late-1800 fortification in the Cottian Alps, was built between 1885 and 1894 on the promontory of the same name, and which dominates the Bardonecchia basin, to watch over the Frejus Tunnel. During its construction, innovative techniques were adopted for the first time along with a traditional stone structure covered in concrete, as well as a new concept of weaponry: 120 mm Gruson artillery and 57 mm retractable turrets were installed.

The Fort Official website

Ethnographic Civic MuseumMUSEO CIVICO ETNOGRAFICO Bardonecchia

In the Parish church square, in the historic centre of Bardonecchia, is the Civic Museum: an 18th century building (the former home of the Communal House) that accommodates testaments to local cultural relics on two floors.
In the room on the ground floor objects, furniture, décor and equipment from daily life are on display, as well as a small section of religious art and antique objects; the upper floor houses objects and equipment related to labour and photographs that show the use of wood in construction and agricultural equipment

For more information:
Associazione Turistica Pro Loco di Bardonecchia
0122.902612 –


The Alpine Religious Art Museum (dedicated to Don Francesco Masset) is located inside Melezet’s Madonna del Carmine Chapel.
The museum hosts gold jewellery, wooden statues, paintings and vestments. The artistic works are from the XV to XX centuries: it includes objects created by local artisans, but primarily from goldsmiths in Briançon and Lyon, and painters from the French art schools such as the Dufours. The over 300 objects that make up the collection, are displayed on a rotational basis depending on the theme of the exhibit that is presented to the community each year.

For more information:
Associazione Turistica Pro Loco Bardonecchia
0122.902612 –

Museo Diocesano di Arte Sacra
0122.622640 –

The Rochemolles Ethnographic MuseumMUSEO ETNOGRAFICO DI ROCHEMOLLES

The Rochemolles Ethnographic Museum is located in the town centre.

It was established thanks to a local family that donated objects that merited an exhibit and which reflect daily life: work equipment and furnishings essential for survival in the past. With the passage of time, the museum has been enriched by other donations.

For more information:
Tel. 333.8690043 (Irene)



The mill, located on the east side of the Rochmolles stream, has a horizontal wheel. Inside is a mechanical sieve, the “Barité”, which was acquired after 1929 when the dam was built and the mill began working by electricity. The mill’s use was managed by the miller and grain producers, who remained the time it took to run the millstone. The mill was in use until 1961.

For more information:
Tel. 333.8690043 (Irene)